Aurora in France

Lights from ... the Northern Lights!

It is with a lot of emotion that I share my first shot of Auroras I have captured !
I would never have imagined that it could be possible to observe Northern Lights right now and in France.

After a powerful sun flare occurring few days ago, electromagnetic particles stroke the Earth's magnetic field tonight (21/12/2015) producing bright auroras, visible up to mid-latitudes locations.

According to scientists, the level reached KP 8, it is to say that these Auroras were likely to be observed lower than usual.

Here in Normandy (France), they were pretty hard to see to the naked eye but they were easily revealed with a DSLR camera.

Technical Details....

 Canon Rebel T3i + 18-5 mm kit lens + standard tripod
→ 20 secs
→ ISO 1600
→ 18 mm
→ f/3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me a comment!