Noctilucent Clouds from France!

Lights from ... Noctilucent Clouds (NLC)

Noctilucent clouds are beyond the shadow of a doubt the rarest and most mysterious we can observe from Earth. They are even less likely to be seen than northern lights ! But, in contrast to aurorae, these night shining clouds can be observed from more countries across Europe ! For more information about them, read the article I wrote : HERE

On July 17, 2017, while doing a sky-watching evening with friends, on the top of the fire field (1100 m), my eyes noticed a luminous structure in the sky and I quickly rushed to my Camera shouting: "That's it! They're finally visible!"

It must be said that I have been looking for these mysterious clouds since the summer of 2016. Since then, I spent many nights watching the northern horizon, sometimes leaving in the mornings at 3am and taking hundreds of photos to each exit, in vain.
In short, I am not complaining because I myself chose to take up this challenge. But I remember one thing from this long hunt: our dreams often occur when we do not expect it ...
This phenomenon is therefore a first for me, and it is a dream come true. Like the aurora observed in Normandy in December 2015, these clouds will represent an exceptional moment of my career as an amateur astronomer.

Technical Details....

Canon Rebel T3i + 50 mm f/1.8 lens + simple tripod
→ 6 seconds exposure
→ ISO 400
→ 18 mm
→ f/2.2
Lightroom editing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me a comment!