Mars rise over the Andes

Lights from ... the planet Mars and the Milky Way

By day, the Chilean Andes transports you onto another planet and by night you feel living in another galaxy!
This panoramic view was taken during my very first night in bivouac in my life (June 2018), alone, by foot, with a backpack. What a simultaneously stressful, exciting and peaceful moment! The silence was deadly perfect except some dogs barking few kilometers down the mountains. The moon had just set and the landscapes started to get illuminated thanks to the lights of the milky way. In fact, I was waiting to capture the red planet Mars rising over the mountains. Once it appeared, I immediately shot this 6-images-panorama.
I used a star tracker to get the most details as possible in the milky way. However, the landscape might be blurry because of this 60 seconds exposure. I preferred to leave the scene as natural as it was and avoiding the software foreground “merging” trick.

Technical Details....

📷 Canon EOS 700 D + Sigma Art 18-35 mm f/1.8 lens + Star Adventurer Mini mount
→ 6 stitched pictures
→ Single 60-second exposure
→ ISO 3200
→ 18 mm
→ f/1.8
Softwares: Dxo Optics pro 9 for noise reduction / Lightroom for all the edits / Microsoft ICE for the final stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me a comment!